Is there anything better than spending a fun-filled day out on the water with those you love most? From young to old, this is one of Captain Adam’s favorite services to provide – families or groups of friends looking for the simple joy of a day on the boat fishing, sightseeing, snorkeling and shelling!
When you choose a half day or full day, that (and weather) will determine the day’s agenda. This is the opportunity to have a private boat all to yourself to go where you want, when you want! Activities include:
- Light Fishing: Captain Adam can take you and your family on a simple, light fishing adventure next to the island as part of your day.
- Shelling on Shell Key: One of the most popular sightseeing charters in the area is a Shell Key excursion. This natural, protected island is just offshore and littered with shells and sand dollars, particularly after storms. Why pay per family member for a half day on a party boat with 50 strangers for a trip only to Shell Key when you can charter your own private boat that can include a stop here?
- Snorkeling and Exploring Egmont Key: Another popular area excursion for party boats, just offshore Egmont Key are ruins from the old fort that once was on the island, and now is home to coral and fish! Captain Adam will anchor up so you can jump in and become a part of their world. Additionally, you can choose to go ashore and explore the ruins of the fort, village and lighthouse, or just hang out on the beach at Egmont Key!
- Sightseeing: The channels and waterways of the Tampa Bay Beaches boast seabird sanctuaries, mangroves and of course, some pretty amazing homes you can only see from the water. Kick back, relax and soak up some sun – you can even troll for fish and hook up while sightseeing!
- Dolphin Watch: Keep your eyes peeled as you island-hop and move through the channels. Rare is the day we are out and don’t see Flipper and friends playing in the water! Captain Adam will slow down or stop so you can have a photo op. During cooler months, it is also common to see manatees.
WHAT’S PROVIDED (Read more on our FAQ page)
We provide all rods, reels, tackle and bait. You are welcome to bring your own, but it is not necessary. All safety equipment is on board, such as U.S. Coast Guard approved life vests. We encourage you apply sunscreen and take motion sickness pills before boarding in the morning, and bring it with you as well. We have a camera on board, but we strongly encourage you to document your memories (and we’d love to be emailed your photos, have you post them to our Facebook page or tag them on Instagram @playinhookycharterslf !) The boat is equipped with a CD and mp3 player, so if you bring your favorite tunes, we’ll be happy to play them for you! Water is available, you may bring alcohol or soda as well. We ask you pack your food … bring your lunch and we’ll catch your dinner!
Family Island-Hopping Half Day Charter (4-5 hours, depending on daylight and weather): Contact the Captain for Pricing
Family Island-Hopping Full Day Charter (8-10 hours, depending on daylight and weather): Contact the Captain for Pricing
Read about our cancellation policy on our FAQ page.
*Please note: We know it can be disappointing to catch but not keep a fish when it’s not in season or it’s just shy of the legal size limit, but we must adhere to the Florida State fishing laws. HERE is a link for current finishing regulation for the Gulf of Mexico. Thank you for understanding!
** Some exceptions apply to younger children. If you have children under the age of 9 please contact the captain for passenger limitations.
*** All Prices are subject to change based on current fuel prices.